Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sick Again

A day before Typhoon Ondoy struck the unprepared Metro Manila with it's torrential downpour, i celebrated my last birthday on a numbered calendar. (Huling taon ko na sa kalendaryo, yak!)

The days before my upcoming day i was so sick, i'm too dizzy to stand up. I have fever for 3 days, can't breathe from the colds, sneezing every 5 minutes. i got scared that it might be AH1N1. freeaking out!!! On the morning itself i was coughing my lungs out already. I got up to and made a mess in the kitchen, pesking everybody. hehehe.

I didn't want to drink antibiotics, wanted my immune sytem to work this out, but noooo, a week already and still groggy. My cocktail for 2 days were biogesic, neozep, dolfenal & claritin. I think neozep failed on me this time, so i stopped taking it. biogesic was good only if i take it every 4 hours. I would sweat the fever out, feel great and resume busybody, then i get weak & fever rises again. aggghhhh. the sneezing stopped when i take claritin, but since i'm weaning myself from it, i stopped too. what i did was eat even if the food taste like cardboard & drink freshly squeezed orange juice from s&r, and sleep/rest.

It got me thinking, i only get sick twice a year, when the weather changes, hot to cols & vice versa, so why am i sick now? something's wrong with my immune system!!! and this happened when i was taking those 1 a day multivitamins too! i'm scared! i don't wanna get sick. or is the earth suffers from global warming that it affects people already?!?! paranoid!!!

A few days after, i feel somewhat alright & spirits up a bit, but the coughing just started. It's so scratchy & dry, i just want to stop breathing! yikes!! I've gone back to the office but after doing some paperwork, i was tired and decided to rest and take the day off.

When everything goes back to normalcy, life resumes after the flooding, i have decided to follow up and take some lab tests. Let's hope for normal results!

No comments:

Post a Comment