Saturday, October 17, 2009

Davao Trip w/ BFF's Day 1 - Airport




Sorry for the interruptions. Back to our tour-ture trip.

Soooo, we decided to meet up at the airport. Since i've been flying once a year, and we get tons of visitors who we bring to the airport every single time, i know the drill of being there early. Better late than never they say. Add to the fact that we live up north and the airport is somewhere south east/west of manila. I was up at the crack of dawn, driver was early, said goodbye to mom, brought my breakfast and off we go at 4:45am. I didn't texted my friends, i figured they might be busy preparing to go out of the house too. Yeah right, they were still sleeping!

It's my first time to fly Cebu Pacific so i was triple nervous & edgy. I arrived at Terminal 3 at around 5:50am, i decided to call them when nobody replied to my texts. They said they're leaving now. WHAT?? relax, they say, no traffic & it's early. I didn't want to go in because the terminal is so darn cold, but i eventually went in because i had to pee!

I decided to wait in line & just let people pass me until the girls arrive. I was feeling antsy already because the sun is out & in full force, and they're nowhere to be found!! tic toc! tic toc! aggh i'm going crazy!!

6:30 am i see their faces! goodness gracious! and we have to fall in line in the slowest counter! agh!! i was feeling nervous & hyper because the clock is ticking, and of course they were all relaxed, chatting it up yappity yap yup.

7:00 we got our tickets, and i rushed in to the gates! besides i have to pee again! i had a cup of noodles for breakfast, i asked the girls if they had any, they said no, so why don't you buy something to eat, but make it fast, i said in the back of my mind, i deeply regret not saying that aloud.

7:15 Grace was in line for a Hot Coco, Zenna & I was waiting for cinnabon sticks, Rose sat down in a table after getting her coffee. I was like?? what are we doing?? our flight's leaving and we're still here?? Somebody said..no no no no..our boarding time is 7:45, we have time to spare, i was like, what?? 7:45 the plane LEAVES with or without us.

Just then a Ground Crew carrying a sign & shouting for Davao Passengers, Rose turned to the guy, and said somewhat stupidly, that's us. "Mam. the gate closes in 5 minutes." whhhhhaaattt?!?!? we ran for dear life, i never ran like that! i run like there's a 400 pound bear chasing us to death. In all my life as a traveler i have never ever done a thing like that. I am never late. I don't want the plane to leave without me so i was always early at the airport. But this is a first. Thanks to my beautiful friends.

We got to the gate, huffing & puffing our lungs out, the crew looked at us with a smirk. I thought the running was done, but nooooo, the tube connecting to the plane was like an endless tunnel!! so we ran. again.

The door to the plane came into view, i sighted 2 ladies ahead of us, they were running too. We stepped inside and everyone was seated already, the plane was ready to go and the four of us were the last!!! I think they were waiting for us for the loooongest time already.

As we sat down and buckled our seat belts, i vaguely heard the stewardess announce something about cabin doors closing. Yup, we were the last.

OMG. please. make. me. invisible. now.

No comments:

Post a Comment