Saturday, October 3, 2009

Global Warming

I have been saying this for the long time. the world is changing, i mean, the Earth!

Ever since Hurricane Katrina struck Louisiana, shows like Blue Planet, Storm Stories, Six Degrees could change the World, have fascinated me. i've also rewatched Twister and The Day after Tomorrow.

It started in High School, interested in Science but doesn't like the computation/math/physics aspect. agh. hate math. :(

After what happened a day after my Birthday, i've been on panic mode eversince. Being stuck in traffic, can't get home for hours, tends to do that.

Actually it's been raining since a day before my birthday, so it's really a bad idea to get out that saturday, but being sick the whole week, and getting a shocking gift from my Mom, i figured i deserve to go to the Mall. It's my Birthday yesterday for crying out loud! Even for just an hour! I left the house and it's raining cats & dogs already, i figured it'll stop later, as i got near the mall, i got this sinking (pun intended) feeling that something's wrong. I should've listened to my guts and turned the effing car around!

After an hour inside the mall, i was ready to go home, traffic was already building, and not moving. I got an oppurtunity to back up at EDSA and then i was back at Trinoma. Waited it out for 5 hours, doing nothing, watching the traffic at the intersection near Veteran's, the same bus on standstill for 3 hours, getting a manicure, browsed all the books at 3 bookstores, too stressed out to watch a movie.

Finally around 5 i decided to brave it out, all was good, getting around my shortcuts, no floods, puddles of water, i was smiling already. Then BAM! 20 minutes on a standstill, then i saw the road going back home, smile got turned down. I have nowhere to go. I have decided to just park my car in a safe place, prayed the rosary, tried to sleep, and just wait it out. After an hour, some movements at the traffic, i decided to battle it out again. Then more rain came. Aghhh. Another 3 hours crawling like the slowest turtle in the whole wide world. I forgot how many mysteries of holy rosary i prayed already. I already prepared my bag, stuffed my essentials in a plastic before getting it inside the bag, looking for a place to park, but i think my prayers are working, the cars have been crawling/moving slowly but surely.

Finally, i got through, after hair raising moments with SUV's & trucks alike, i called home and said that i was safe, waters have receded already. But noooo, another bridge is still chest deep in waters, and it's impassable. Decided to wait it out, but the area is too dark and i was like, the only sedan waiting it out. Agh. I made the inevitable u turn and went to my Aunt's place in project 8, which was my earlier plan, one hour earlier. darnit.

Getting to their house, i could see the plastics & debris from the flood, my cousin said it was knee deep earlier, fortunately no water in their house, in fact they turned into an evac center for a few hours. After turning on the TV i saw the disaster, devastation it caused for a few hours of rain. Listening to the AM radio while in traffic got me some bad news already, but seeing it on tv, just shows how massive it is.

Around midnight, i decided to try going home, my cousin said some of the roads have cleared, my body wants to sleep, i have a mild fever, but my mind is still on overdrive, migraine anyone?? i kept thinking on who will inject my mom's insulin early tomorrow. so i drove home, praying for no more floods, rain to stop, and no more traffic.

I got home safe & dry. Thank You Lord & Mama Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment