Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Mom & Mikey



Wednesday Morning, while at the church for our weekly Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help, my mom complained of chest pains, pinilit ko to go to the ER. The Novena just finished and the mass hasn't started yet.

So off we go. I was calm on the outside but inside i was a wreck & in panic mode.

We got to the ER, had ECG and hour of BP monitoring, in the middle of this, a patient died next bed to us, so it added to our edginess.

Turns out, it is just gas reflux from drinking beer. I guess my mom just got nervous & panicked when she felt chest pains. But I would not hear any of it, we go to ER!!! She's hypertensive & diabetic so i'm taking no chances. After a couple of hours we're good to go, prescription meds for reflux in hand, and we're having breakfast at Jollibee later.

Around Lunchtime, when we got home from the office, our cook/manang told me Mikey went up to her room and just stayed there, also he's been throwing up. I immediately went up & checked him out, he looks a little dehydrated (as if i'm a vet! haha) his nose is dry, and he kinda just lay down on his side not moving but he is watching me, manang & ricky (our driver) fuss over him.

Then I told manang what happened to mom earlier that morning, i think Mikey must have saved my Mom. Do you believe that? that when a member of the family is in sudden life or death situations, a pet suddenly gets sick too, and most of the time is "sinasalo" nila whatever the family member is feeling.

Since my Mom is such a huge part of my life, it's weird that my favorite, oldest, alpha male dog is the one who gets sick.

I took the day off, and we went to the Vet, he throwed up in the van again, but i think his spirits is up, he loves riding around in the L300 van.

The Vet gave me liver tabs for whatever bad he ate, meds she injected which i didn't know and some hydrating powder for his drinking water.

I forced feed/drink the Mondex powder (diluted in water)to Mikey with a syringe. Thankfully he drank it, but after a few tries, he shut his nozzle up. hahaha

My mom is feeling good again but i have to monitor her BP morning & evening.

Mikey is great too, since he's been barking his head off at strangers, but i continue to give him is meds too.

I think i need to study Nursing for real. LOL

Human & Pets.

Thank You God!

No comments:

Post a Comment