Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Plastiiiiiic!


Plastiiiiiic!, originally uploaded by HunnieBunch.

On my way home from the Grocery, I saw this truck getting off from an Industrial Scale (is that what you call it??) and saw it up close that it is a truckload of plastics!!!

All kinds of plastics, from water bottles, condiment bottles, gallons, liters, plastic from appliances, trays and many other more.

It got me thinking, if Plastics cannot be recycled, how many more years before we fill up the planet with this kind of garbage??

Then I remembered what I bought from the Grocery earlier;

1.) plastic tray for the eggs
2.) plastic from soda bottles
3.) plastic from hotdogs (one each!)
4.) plastic where they put the fruits & baby back ribs
5.) plastic/tinfoil from snacks, soups, sachets, noodles, shampoo

After paying they put it inside a plastic bag again!!

OMG, what do I do?

I do groceries for a month's supply, so I really fill up a cart, around 20 bags or more, so does that mean i have to bring those environment friendly bags?? I think i collected a lot last year, but after numerous trips & uses, our cook must have lost it, or maybe it was given away. I looked for it the other day, i found two bags!! Yikes!

I have 2 of those cute Mark & Spencer totes before, now I can't find them!! I bought one again last Sunday when my Mom bought her pants.

Our cook has figured out how to save the earth & earn money too! She collects anything plastic that we have used & metal/tin cans, puts it in a sack, then at the end of the week sells it. Ka-ching*ka-ching!!*

Today, I went to Trinoma and bought my books, I was planning on bringing my M&S tote, so i could save on plastics, but darnittttt! I completely forgot about it. Agggghhh!!! I have to really put it in my bag for next time.

Save the Earth!!!

Recycle! Reduce! Reuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment