Monday, April 20, 2009

Sensitive Skin




I have super/ultra/mega sensitive skin. Anything new i apply to my skin, either i get a rash or any spontaneous reaction. quickly.

Over the years, i have found some stuff that will work with my skin. I don't use moisturizer for my face and lotion for my body. Figured that since it's hot & humid here in Manila, i don't need it. Wrong! Believe me when i say i tried the high ends & low ends of skin moisturizing. It all ended up with my cousins, officemates & house help after having a bad reaction to it, or worse, the garbage.

I discovered Eucerin in the states after having skin allergy due to change of weather, i hoarded the stuff after my skin "liked" it.

As for my bath soap, i have been a loyal Dove user eversince, well before it was Ivory, but after our Uncle sent us balikbayan boxes with tons of Dove soap in it, i was hooked.

For my face, which is the most sensitive of all, i didn't use any product before, then we all grow up and wanted to try this & that, i piled on different, scratch that, all the latest beauty products. then i got pimples, blackheads and all other unsightly sightings on my otherwise ugly face. i throwed all the stuff away. i went to my derma and she helped calmed my skin using cetaphil & some acne medications.

After that i didn't use anything on my face. nada. non. nothing. zilch. except Cetaphil. my face sort of calmed down.

After months, i tried on St. Ives Apricot Scrub for exfoliating, which I had used back when i was in College. Then i bought the Olay 7 Signs, the smallest size for a trial period. After 3 days, with no pimple breakout, i continued it till now. almost a month already. Improvements? yes, my skin is now softer, no more rough & red patches. But my sun spots are still there. I guess i have to go back to my Dermatologist now.

No comments:

Post a Comment