Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bite Me



Mickey, my handsome beautiful dog, my senior citizen dog, my alpha male, my dog wonder, my bernese mountain dog look alike, bit me.

After 11 years of taking care of him, he bit me. Darn it!!

Oh well, i provoked him. Well sort of.

He didn't want to take a bath. i gave him one that took forever. i guess he can't take it anymore when i started towelling him dry vigorously.

Good thing i brought him to the Vet 2 weeks before to update his Rabies Shots.

Thing is i'm kinda hurt that he bit me, but i still love him.

Vet says he's under observation for 10 days and that i don't really need to have anti rabies shots..but when my Mom found out, go do it!!!

The shots were more painful than the bite. Or maybe i got scared upon seeing the syringe?! LOL... I only wanted the tetanus shot, but the nurse insisted...

So 10 days have passed, I'm still enjoying my nightly walks with Mickey & the Gang...

Thank God!

2 comments:

  1. I am researching treatment of animal bites in different countries especially with respect to rabies prevention. How many rabies shots did you have to get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a total of 6. One for Tetanus shot & the rest for the anti rabies..

    ReplyDelete