Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bags




Two years ago, i fell into the trap that is the "it bag" phenomenon. I bought bags left and right, until i was buried in debt. haha!

Anyways, i paid it all up.

Now, i have to resell some of them, so i can pay some of my bills, debts and upcoming expenses this month. Salary doesn't really cover it much. Yes i already made some "sidelines" but i vowed to be debt free this year. After reselling 2 of my bags, i found myself lighter in debt. Yes kakahinayang. Lugi and all that stuff. But i am so glad to be free from some of my debts. I know I shouldn't have bought those bags in the first place. But it made me happy for a while and then got me thinking, do i really need this? Yes it brings instant gratification. Anybody sees you with a logo-ed bag thinks your super rich. What they don't know is you have lots of utangs, (debts) hahaha.

So i will resell maybe 2 or 3 to pay for:
1.) some of my bills
2.) pay an upcoming Davao trip with my friends
3.) to share the expense on my mom's 60th Bday. (hating magkapatid & magpinsan)
All of this happening on July. So imagine me scampering for money! I wish money grew on trees!! LOL

Some of them might say, why don't you just ask your mom for some money?? well this is my fault so i want to be the one to clean it up. Maybe i will if i can't take it anymore. But as long as i can find the ways, i'll clean my own mess up.

this has gotten me some perspective in life. sure sure a logo-ed bag says you have arrived. but before, i really don't care for this "it bag". my mom has instilled me over and over again to be simple, god fearing & humble. in the local dialect, i think, nagsawa na ako.

i just enjoy my current bags and do not buy anymore, i just satisfy my cravings by reading magazines, going to the websites, reading it on blogs. yeah slobber all over. ROFL

Oh, and more thing, maybe i should go back to my one & only, first love, jewelry. this is what i love before. i would go crazy over them. but that's another post. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment